Help Community

Do I Need A GED or High School Diploma To Take The Certified Nursing Assistant Program?  

RSS
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin

For you to attend a CNA (certified nursing) program, you don't need to have a high school diploma. If you look over the requirements to get into a CNA accredited program, you'll notice how some schools DO NOT require a high school diploma or GED certificate. However, to answer this question as directly as possible, you don't need a high school diploma to get into an accredited CNA training program. However, you will have to enroll in a school which has a flexible admission policy and does not require you to have a high school diploma. However, you need to keep the following in mind if you plan on applying to become a CNA within a high school diploma or GED.

1) When applying for jobs, many of the employers will probably give priority to those with a high school diploma. Having a high school diploma does show some focus for education and seriousness for career growth. A high school diploma is also a great demonstration of natural knowledge intuity (capability, ability). And MOST importantly...

2) If you plan on furthering your career in nursing, you won't be able to get into nursing school without a high school diploma. You can take the adult education route, however this is very tough and rare admission into nursing school is given through adult education. If you love nursing and want to pursue it full-time, then having your high school diploma will open way more opportunities for you moving forward.

Additional Information -

Is A CNA Required before RN?
Can I Obtain CNA Certification If I Have a Criminal Record?
Do I Have To Complete An Accredited CNA Program To Become CNA?
What Is The Difference Between a CNA and RN?

Posted : 03/06/2019 7:55 pm

Leave a reply

Share:

Working

Please Login or Register